Wednesday, June 27, 2012

RM Seafood



My trip to Vegas started off great. The drive to LAX was quick and check-in at the airport took less than 5 minutes. However, I knew it was too good to be true. Upon arrival at Mandalay Bay the registration line was an hour wait and I don't understand why windows were closed. Very poor planning on their part. Hopefully I'll get to my room soon so I can start eating at some great restaurants.


For my first stop where should I go? Rick Moonen's seafood or Burger Bar?


RM's it is! Very sleek and modern decor. The multi level eatery is unique in its offering of different dining experiences depending if you sit on the first or second floor. Also, I always love a restaurant that allows its patrons a perk in the kitchen.


To start things off I'm going with the charred octopus, bell peppers, calamata olives, potatoes and a can of Ranger IPA to wash it all down. That was funkin delicious!!!


Next up to bat is my big eye tuna which was absolutely scrumptious!


Finally I am taking on the Futo Fireball Roll (king crab, avocado,cucumber, spicy artic char, masago, kabayaki and wasabi citrus aioli). This one was my least favorite dish but tasty nonetheless. I'd skip this one next time.


Since I need to end on a high note I'm going finish things with a few oysters. Most people eat dessert...I choose shellfish!


I cant wait to return and have Ann enjoy the same experience.


Buen Provecho!




No comments:

Post a Comment