Friday, January 20, 2012

PHO CAFE

Even though winter never really shows up in Los Angeles, I still enjoy a warm bowl of soup from time to time.  My favorite place to go in Silver Lake is Pho CafĂ©.   Unassuming from the outside and with no signage, this hole in the wall serves up some of the most authentic and delicious Vietnamese noodle dishes.    You can never go wrong with ordering Pho but if you decide to venture out, I recommend trying a Vermicelli bowl (cold noodles).  You won’t be disappointed with either one.  Another must try is the Banh Xeo (Vietnamese crepe with shrimp, charbroiled lemongrass steak, mushrooms, bean sprouts, served with fresh herbs and rice paper wrap).  Just thinking about my last visit makes me want to go back for more.


Quick Tip:  Make sure to get there by 11:45 am to beat the lunch crowd and bring cash since credit cards are not accepted.


Buen Provecho!











No comments:

Post a Comment