Friday, November 18, 2011




When making our reservation 2 weeks ago we had high hopes for Angelini Osteria.  However, upon entry it was evident this restaurant was definitely in need of a makeover.  Frosted fixtures and an overall generic look made me think I'd traveled back in time to the 80’s.  While Ann and Tamra enjoyed their dishes (special house chopped salad & spaghetti with eggplant, tomatoes, basil and dried ricotta).  I was less than impressed with my blood sausage and mashed potatoes.  Perhaps I should have selected another dish but I was feeling adventurous.  My meal lacked seasoning, the potatoes tasted like they were from a box and the sausage would have benefitted from a touch of heat.    There are many other Italian spots nearby that I'd dine at before going back to this one.

Quick Tip:  Watch out for the $4 split charge if you plan on sharing.

Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment