Friday, April 20, 2012

Tired of the same spots near the office?  Take a little extra time for yourself and get away.  Here are few joints that can get you in and out within an hour and 15 minutes.


KING TACO


Cuisine:  Mexican


Eatz:  If this is your first time I suggest you go with the all meat burrito and an order of the nachos to share with the table.  My mouth is watering just thinking about the food.


Quick Tip:  Arrive by 11:45 to beat the rush.










MOHAWK BEND



Cuisine:  Classic American Food

Eatz:  The classic burger was so so, but the pizza was delicious.  I highly recommend giving the PB&J (not what you're thinking) or the Abe Froman a try.  You'll enjoy every bite.  

Staff:  The service was a bit slow but they were extremely friendly and helpful.

Quick Tip:  With 72 beers on tap, this would be a great place to host a happy hour on the outdoor patio.  









Cuisine:  Vietnamese

Eatz:  I'm not quite sure how we decided on this place but I do remember my friend Stephanie Lee telling my other friend Keema that she would love it because they had chicken wings.  I found that to be pretty funny!  The Pho looked tasty but I usually gravitate towards the vermicelli noodle bowls. I suggest the Bun Cha Gio Tom Thit Nuong - (Vermicelli rice noodles with egg rolls grilled pork or beef and grilled marinated shrimp).

Staff:  Extremely slow but friendly

Quick tip:  The vermicelli bowls are huge so save yourself a few calories and share.  Also, this place is spaciously challenged.  









No comments:

Post a Comment